As a php programmer, you need to be proficient in more than just programming. In order to be successful, you need to have a variety of skills.
Here are 8 skills that every PHP programmer should possess:
1. Programming Skills – Obviously, you need to know how to program in PHP if you want to call yourself a PHP programmer! But it’s not just about knowing the language – you also need to understand the principles behind good programming practices.
2. Database Skills – A php programmer needs to be able to work with databases effectively. You should know how to create and query MySQL databases, as well as understand basic database design principles.
3. HTML/CSS Skills – To build dynamic web pages, a php programmer needs to have a solid understanding of HTML and CSS.
5. Web Server Knowledge – A php programmer should understand how web servers work and be able to troubleshoot any issues that may arise.
6. Collaboration Skills – As a php programmer, you will likely be working in teams or with clients frequently. It’s important to have strong collaboration skills in order to communicate effectively and work towards a common goal.
7. Problem-Solving Skills – As a php programmer, you will encounter challenges and roadblocks along the way. Being able to tackle these problems and find solutions is a crucial skill.
8. Time Management Skills – It’s important to be able to manage your time effectively as a php programmer, both for meeting project deadlines and for maintaining a healthy work-life balance.